Are you interested in a particular topic about this mix? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
- What is Beagle German Shepherd mix called?
- German Shepherd Beagle mix: breed specifications
- How much do Beagle German Shepherd mix puppy weigh?
- How big will a German Beagle get?
- The lifespan of Beagle German Shepherd mix
- Beagle German Shepherd temperament
- How easy is it to train a German Shepherd mix with Beagle?
- Training tips for your Beagle German Shepherd mix
- German Beagle grooming and care
- Beagle and German Shepherd: possible health issues
- German Beagle: other facts to know
- Beagle German Shepherd mix: is it right for you and your family?
What is Beagle German Shepherd mix called?
The German Shepherd Beagle mix is also known as the Beagle Shepherd or German Beagle, there’s no fancy name associated with him.
German Shepherd Beagle mix: breed specifications
|Average Weight||60-90 pounds|
|Average Height||13-26 inches|
|Average Lifespan||12 to 15 years|
|Easy to Train||Mostly yes|
|Space Requirements||Larger place with the yard|
|Personality||Friendly, energetic, and obedient|
How much do Beagle German Shepherd mix puppy weigh?
The German Shepherd Beagle mix puppy will weigh up to 20 pounds most of the time.
How big will a German Beagle get?
When it comes to size, you can expect the German Shepherd Beagle mix to have around 13-24 inches, maybe up to 26, sometimes, depending on genetics. Females will weigh up to 70 pounds, and you can expect male adults up to 90 pounds.
The lifespan of Beagle German Shepherd mix
German Shepherd Beagle mix lifespan varies quite a bit. Realistically, however, you can expect 12-15 years or sometimes a bit more than that. Proper maintenance really makes quite the difference, and that’s what you want to take into account here.
Beagle German Shepherd temperament
Like many other mixes, the German Shepherd Beagle mix temperament differs based on genetics. It can be more towards the German Shepherd, or it can be more towards the Beagle. The thing to note here is that the German Shepherd Beagle mix is intelligent, patient with kids, alert, confident, and wary of strangers. They are full of energy. Overall, this mix can be perfect, especially if you want a pet that’s friendly and very obedient.
How easy is it to train a German Shepherd mix with Beagle?
It’s important to keep in mind that the German Shepherd Beagle mix is not going to be hard. This type of pet is very active, so you should have no problem training him in any way that you see fit.
Training tips for your Beagle German Shepherd mix
Here are some helpful suggestions for this Beagle mix:
- Combine physical with mental training if possible. Focus on training combined with socialization. Having your pet meet other pets is a part of the experience and fun, so try to take that into account if possible.
- Some people recommend you to expose the dog to strangers early on to prevent problems that can appear later on.
- Don’t leave the German Shepherd Beagle mix out of the leash unless it’s absolutely necessary
- And reward-based training seems to be working very well for German Beagles.
German Beagle grooming and care
The German Shepherd Beagle mix needs you to clean his ears from time to time, just to be safe. You also want to check them for infection and wetness. Of course, you also need to brush his fur to help with his moderate shedding. Occasional bathing might also be required, based on the situation (what if your pup enjoys regular parties in the puddles of mud?)
Beagle and German Shepherd: possible health issues
This mix can be prone to several health conditions. The list includes elbow dysplasia, obesity, and hypothyroidism. There are some risks as you can see, so regular check-ups with the vet is the must for this German Beagles.
German Beagle: other facts to know
- The German Shepherd Beagle mix is a lot of fun to hang out, but he can put you through quite the workout.
- A German Shepherd Beagle mix will mostly shed during the spring.
Beagle German Shepherd mix: is it right for you and your family?
That depends on what you want. The German Shepherd Beagle mix is definitely a wonderful dog. However, it’s also large. So if you’re ok with bigger dogs and you have enough space to accommodate it, then this will be a great option. They are also friendly with kids, smart and can be a good protector for your family.
If you’ve found the information above valuable, please, share it.
Disclosure: At Doghint.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to note that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including VigLink, ShareASale, Skimlinks, and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate Doghint.com earns from qualifying purchases. Also, please note that Doghint.com does not intend to provide veterinary advice. All published articles are meant for informational purposes only. And this information should not be substituted for professional veterinary consultation.